Monday, March 23, 2009

Ka-Booooom

This is an image from a seismograph located just a stone's throw from my house, my wife, my seven year old daughter, my dog, my two cats, three turtles and (sadly now only) 5 chickens. See all those big groupings of blue lines? Those are the signatures of Mt. Redoubt erupting.... six times in the past day.

It's been cloudy, so we haven't gotten any good images of this batch of belches from the neighborhood blowhole, but last time Redoubt erupted, it looked like this...

Yeah, scary shit.


But not quite as scary as this...
This is the little shithead governor of Louisiana who claimed that President Obama didn't need to be spending money monitering volcanos that are pratically in my back yard.

Obviously, I beg to differ. We do need volcano monitering right here in the good old USA. What don't need is more mindless Republican rhetoric.

(Note that I resisted going on a rant about how the Republican Party has become a haven for Neo-Nazi Fascism... because... well... take a gander at the pic of Bobby Jindal above.... what do you think he's saying?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jindal is much the scarier that's for sure. He scares the hell out of me and I fear he's looking to run in 2012. I believe the description for him would be Shithead at one end and Asshole at the other. Great pic of Mt Redoubt's last eruption, we've had a few blurry ones of the current series but they're not much of a muchness due to overcast. Has the ash got to you yet?