Monday, February 16, 2009

Billboards on the Information Superhighway

I have to admit that I'm not much of a websurfer. On an average day, I manage to hang three if I concentrate. But every now and then, I get lucky and end up with ten toes hanging out over the info ocean....

Earlier, while Omegamom was reading the dotter to sleep, I bopped onto CNN in hopes of finding something to blog about. (If CNN can't make you bitch and moan, then what can?) I spotted a link to the Ireport on Snowbama and gave it the right click of approval. The Giand Obama Logo writ with snowshoes was rather grand, so I googled Billboards In The Snow and by chance ended up at Billboardom.

K-E-double W-L kewl.... a site done by some advertising geeks dedicated totally to billboardish affairs. (I particularly like the working crossword puzzle on the side of Ukraine officebuilding... though I'd prefer a video of it actually crosswording at night as opposed to a static jpeg.)

Nice site, though, and I encourage everyone wander over and take a look. Oh... and make sure that you follow a few of the links... such as Bigpictures Posterous.

By the way, I'd like to dedicate this blog to my Mum-in-Law, just 'cause I know she'll enjoy wandering through the billboards.

1 comment:

Granny J said...

The billboards are great! The crossword puzzle reminds me of the giant crossword that was advertised in those in-flight catalogs several years ago. My favorite ex-sister-in-law (we're divorced) bought one for Mom. It covered a wall. Thank you for the dedication, but when did you develop the Briticism? Mum indeed!

PS -- your capcha word of the day is:

aphowdle