Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Valentines Mini-Meme for Omegamom

As Cupid puts away his darts for the day, I thought I’d respond to Omegamom’s generic request for Meme a day or two ago. The day is drawing to a close, so I probably won’t make it to 25, but I’ll get in as many as I can. (And to be honest, I rather go to bed with my wife than sit here writing about her.)

So here are just a few of the things I love about Omegamom:

-She knows all the words to the world’s shortest song.
-Having a chicken in the bathtub doesn’t strike her as being all that strange.
-The memory of her explaining the concept of being ‘happy-sad’ to Omegadaughter.
-Songs that play in my head when I think of Omegamom:
-Perfect Love by Mark Cohn
-Home Again by Carole King
-Love at the Five and Dime by Nancy Griffith
-Story of a Life by Harry Chapin
-There is Love by Peter Paul and Mary (Though my preferred version is by the Omega Cousins)
-Homeward Bound by Simon and Garfunkle
-L-O-V-E by both Nat and Natalie Cole
-Our Love is Here to Stay by Billy Holiday
-Happy Together by The Turtles
-True Companion by Marc Cohn
-She loves to take pictures of leaves, little still lifes of the natural world. I run across them every now and then when I’m digging through old photos or diving through the hard drive. They always make me smile just because I know how much she likes to take them.
-First she followed me to Lubbock, now she’s followed me to Alaska. I don’t need any worn out clichés about the ‘ends of the earth’. Now how many guys can honestly say that?
-Every night when I come to bed, she pulls close to me, and say’s “I love spooning with you’.
-When I tell the kid to do something, Omegamom often repeats the command and corrects my grammar.
-She was recognized by a blog reader in the airport one day. It was so cool because I felt like I was married to a rock star.
-Looking at her is like looking at a postcard that I’ve kept through the years. It takes me back to all the great places we’ve been.
-She can read me like tea leaves.
-She is, has been, and always will be:
-That first shaft of light that breaks over the mountains in the morning
-The smell of rain splashing through an window screen on a warm summers afternoon
-Both my anchor when life storms around and my sail when the doldrums prevail.

Well, the clock is ticking, and I think it’s time to tuck in…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Now you've made me all mushy.